Terri is a Cultural Researcher, Facilitator, Concept Developer and Community Engagement Specialist with a demonstrated 12 year history as Sessional Academic in School of Humanities, Languages and Social Science at Griffith University. Facilitation invited critical thinking around issues such as: Space, Place, Identity, Difference, Creative Communities, Cultural Practices, Risk Societies, Communication Theory and Scholarship.
Terri was awarded a Bachelor Arts in Creativity and Cultural Practice and a First-Class Honours for the scoping study, Reimagining School and Community Gardens.
Terri is also a paper maker with imaginative and innovative capacities and is skilled in Community Arts practise, collaboration, and evaluation.
Terri has a special interest in building cultural capacities in communities through creative endeavours that recognise and celebrate cultural diversity. Other areas of work have included roles as Indigenous Support Tutor, Special Needs Teacher Aide, social and cultural Research Assistant and, Event Management.
Terri joined Murawin in 2021 and works across the Social Engagement and Outcomes, Research and Evaluation, and Place Strategy teams. They are currently the Program Coordinator for Tiddas in Business: a program that centres on economic empowerment of Indigenous women through business establishment and growth.
Terri is interested in how people’s sense of belonging is enhanced through engagement in situations involving the exchange of skills, experience, and different knowledges to learn from and engage with each other across social and cultural differences.
Terri has a strong sense of social justice. Terri is a long-time volunteer in environmental initiatives and has been Community Coordinator for Boomerang Bags, Mackay since 2017.
- Certificate IV Small Business and Entrepreneurship, Department of Education
- Bachelor of Arts (Hons 1), Griffith University
- Bachelor of Arts, Creativity and Cultural Practice, Griffith University
- Associate Diploma Business Hospitality Management, TAFE Mackay
- Certificate IV Cookery and Certificate IV Food Service, TAFE, Mackay
- Nominee, Mackay Regional Council Australia Day Awards, Arts and Culture, Kitchen and Kin
- Regional Arts Development Fund (RADF) Grant Recipient, Whitsunday Regional Council, Kitchen and Kin
- Regional Arts Development Fund Grant Recipient, Mackay Regional Council, Kitchen and Kin
- Regional Arts Fund, Flying Arts Exhibition Development Workshop
- Griffith Centre for Social and Cultural Research Scholarship
- Griffith Award for Academic Excellence
- RADF Grant Recipient, Mackay Regional Council Mural for Seaforth Charity Farm