We’re looking for a Marketing and Communications Manager
25 July 2022
Our Marketing & Communications Manager will soon head off on maternity leave and we want your help to source a vibrant, creative, and talented candidate to join our team.
We’re experiencing a rapid period of growth & change & are seeking the expertise of an experienced Marketing & Communications Manager. The role will commence as soon as possible and will include a diverse range of tasks from graphic design, copywriting, website maintenance, digital communication, events management, public relations, & strategic communication.
The position is available for an initial 10-months maternity leave cover contract, with possibility for extension and/or permanency for a suitable candidate. Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply.
If this sounds like you, please apply using the following links. If this sounds like someone you know, please forward this job opportunity to them, or feel free to connect them with Murawin via email and we will reach out.
Role: Marketing & Communications Manager
Conditions: Temporary 10-month contract with immediate start and the possibility for extension and/or permanency for suitable candidate. Fulltime (75hrs/per fortnight), but possibility for Parttime
Location: Brisbane (CBD), close to public transport
Reports to: Chief Operating Officer
Requirements: Resume + Response to Selection Criteria
Murawin is a national, Indigenous-led consultancy that works with government, corporate, not-for-profit and private clients from across the nation, to improve outcomes for Indigenous Australians and other marginalised groups, across a broad range of areas including social matters, environmental issues, and infrastructure projects. Murawin is experiencing a rapid period of growth & change & is seeking the expertise of an experienced marketing & communications team member to guide and manage key aspects of transitioning & professionalising Murawin’s marketing & communications. The role will include a diverse range of tasks from graphic design, copywriting, website maintenance, digital communication, events management, public relations, & strategic communication that contributes to improvements within Murawin’s business practice, brand awareness, company & sector engagement, reputation, & business growth. The position is available for an initial 10-months maternity leave cover contract, with possibility for extension and/or permanency for suitable candidate.
We have fantastic employee benefits at Murawin because we truly value our employees.
- Be a part of a growing company that has real impact on our society and contributes to Closing the Gap.
- We embrace workplace flexibility. Staff work from the office minimum 3 days/wk and have the option to work from home or remotely 2 days/wk.
- Access the Employee Assistance Program through the Warlandi Counselling Service.
- Access growth and development opportunities – ability to grow your skills and apply for new, ongoing opportunities with Murawin.
- Murawin is Supply Nation Certified and strongly supports applications from First Nations candidates and other diverse backgrounds.
All candidates must provide a 2-4 page response to the selection criteria. Applicants who fail to provide a resume and a response to selection criteria will not be assessed. This is a diverse, hands-on role that requires professionalism, interpersonal skills, energy, & attention to detail. The tasks may include, but are not limited to:
- Manage Murawin’s brand & ensure consistent, effective branding & messaging.
- Create & maintain marketing materials that assist in the articulation & professionalisation of Murawin’s services.
- Contribute to Murawin’s project outcomes by editing, writing, designing, formatting, & professionalising materials, including but not limited to reports, presentations, flyers, & other marketing materials.
- Maintain & update Murawin’s website & Intranet site.
- Assist CEO in her strategic exposure to existing & potential clients to improve relationships & business development opportunities.
- Manage Murawin’s social media channels, including the curation of high-quality & strategic content.
- Drive the delivery of marketing & campaign strategies, schedules, & assets, including the development of a marketing calendar.
- Manage all printed & digital marketing material.
- Ability to contribute to project activities on a case-by-case basis. This may include but is not limited to assisting to facilitate workshops, interviews, or conduct research.
- Must hold a marketing degree or other relevant tertiary qualification.
- Demonstrated experience in the development & writing of marketing & communication materials, plans & strategies.
- Strong experience using the Adobe Creative Suite.
- Experience using Word Press, Share Point & Microsoft Teams.
- Experience in event planning, scheduling, & implementation.
- Organised – the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, balance multiple priorities, work under pressure & meet strict deadlines.
How To Apply
- Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Please review the full Position Description (attached) Or email email@example.com to receive a full position description.
- Please email your resume and a 2-4 page cover letter responding to the Selection Criteria outlining your suitability for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applicants who fail to provide a response to the selection criteria will not be assessed.
- If you have any questions about the role please contact Rebecca on mobile: 0422 854 640 or email email@example.com
- Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted directly.
Applications close Monday 15 August 2022.